Thursday, May 11, 2006

Sneaking into the new millenium




I keep meaning to send mail, send pictures, send artwork, send cards - you wouldn't believe the number of cards Mo and I have bought, written in and never sent! Yikes. So I'm going to try this blog thing. Can't be too hard, right? We'll see.

Well, I see several problems, right away. Sigh. I'll get it right eventually.

I've set this up so all y'all can see what we're up to and chat about it without all the hassle of trying to figure out who's awake when and what phone to use, so please let me know (via comments) that you've stopped by. I'll get an email telling me someone commented. If this thing won't let you make a comment, let me know so I can add you to the list - I'm not interested in the free world commenting on my life, but supposedly I get to have some control over this, so only "invitees" get to make comments.

Looks like this is going to be a little rough at first, especially figuring out how to do the pix the way I want. Somehow I'm going to set this up so George can post, too - we'll see how that goes - you can see what he's been doing up at the top there (the middle pic). He's doing it right now, in fact: sawmilling. This pic is from the logyard where he buys logs and sometimes sets up and saws - its a sweet deal. He gets space to work without having to bring logs home - sometimes they even load them on the mill for him. He also gets free advertising of the very best kind around here - "hey, look, there's a guy with a sawmill!" And - "oh, yeah, I know a guy with a sawmill." Very good. He also added a "saw port" to one of our outbuildings so he can saw here (its not as loud as the table-saw, good for me), which has its up-side, too, although I had to put a fence around the garden to keep the lumber out.

Mo and I have been visiting the Pumpkin Hollow Community trampoline when the weather permits. I sit and knit or read - its been a great place to work on "assignments" for the online Montessori course I'm taking. I get on and jump for a little while, but I don't have the energy of a 4.5 year old, so I wear out pretty quickly! I was hoping to be able to scan some of her stories and artwork into the computer and upload them, but the computer and scanner aren't speaking at the moment, and I haven't figured that out, yet. Isn't technology wonderful? I just love the way it makes our lives easier! Another time, then.

Well, that's all for today. The rain has cleared up, the sun is out - time to get out of the darn house! I'm looking forward to hearing from all y'all!

2 comments:

meredith said...

Picture of me on the trampoline would be very blurry!
Thanks for stopping by, y'all. Once everyone "checks in" I'll post something new - I'm waiting for my dad, right now. He seems to have changed his email address without telling anyone. Today I'll be trying the old fashioned method - the telephone. If that doesn't work I'll have to break into his house on the way up to WI (I hope the dogs remember me).

meredith said...

Sorry. Someone said the "s" word and pushed my buttons.