Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Eight weird things

I got tagged in this goofy game of blog-tag that's been going around the unschooling boards. Here's the rules- looks like I've already broken one. Whew, that's a load off my mind:

~~~Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.~~~

Someone, earlier in the game, commented that this group of bloggers is so "incestuous" as to be running out of new victims to tag. Guess someone finally found me. I enjoy checking out other blogs, so I've had fun back-tracking through other people's tag lists, but I'm afraid I may not be able to find eight whole untagged blogs. I went to check on one (Arun's) and Schuyler and Danielle had both tagged him. Figures. Maybe I'll tag Stupid Evil Bastard just for kicks.....hmmmm.

Here's the link to Schuyler's blog, which I recommend for cute kid pix and parenting wisdom:
http://waynforth.blogspot.com/2007/06/8-things-about-me.html

I've already posted two weird things in other posts, so nyeh nyeh, go find 'em if you want to know. I'm terrible about rules like that.

A third weird thing about me is I'm allergic to peaches. I'd never heard of such a thing until I started puking my guts out after eating some peach pancakes for breakfast. Did you know that virtually all northern tree-fruits are related? No wonder I gravitate toward melons, berries and tropical stuff. I also seem to have a slight reaction to rose-hips, also related. Its little enough that I need other factors to line up to actually get sick, but I've started screening all my herbal teas for rose-hips. Gives a whole new meaning to: everything's comin' up...roses.

3 comments:

Schuyler said...

It's Schuyler, not Shuyler. There was a kid who lived on the block behind mine when I was a child who spelled his name Schuyler, but pronounced it Shuyler. It's pronounced Sky-ler. Actually I've spent a big part of today at a blog called Schuyler's Monster about a little girl named Schuyler who has Congenital Bilateral Perisylvian Syndrome. There is this fantastic picture of her looking in a mirror with the bubble thought Sky-ler coming from her head.

I am torn between correcting your blog and just letting it slide. But I love my name. I really do love Schuyler. So, I'll correct you.

meredith said...

Thanks for the correction! I've changed the post - can't believe I did it twice! I'm such a ding-bat about vowels combos and knowing which one comes first that I totally spaced the "c" even though I posted this *after* checking the pronunciation key.

Tina said...

Meredith,
Have posted a link to your blog on mine.
If this is not ok, let me know.
Thank You,
Tina
www.caffeinefreedom.blogspot.com