Friday, April 25, 2008

In the Pink!


Yup, there I am with my adorable new chairs, looking as utterly buff as only a woman with all those matronly curves can possibly look LOL! And of course the blue stripes look lovely with my hair, but then, everything goes with my hair! How could it not?


I've been in Super Massive Ditz mode, lately. I have decided that I'm possessed by the spirit of my Grandma, who made ditsiness an art form. I've lost and forgotten so many things this month its just unbelievable! but through it all I've been so buoyantly cheerful its disgusting. I'm starting to think of my pink "do" as a kind of warning label: Caution! Persistent Good Humor Ahead! (feel free to groan).



Predictably, the timid local townsfolk find my hair disturbing. Locals who know me enough to make conversation carefully avoid mentioning my hair, while strangers scowl and look away. Bless their hearts. Its energizing me to be even more Myself, though. I've started decorating my clothes with assorted leftover quilt blocks, appliqued flowers, all sorts of fun stuff. You can see some "tumbling blocks" on my jeans in the pic, there.



Apparently, all this enthusiasm is rubbing off on George - or maybe its just time... he's been throwing himself into neglected building projects around the house. He rearranged Morgan's room and my big closet so that her bed is in the closet - its that big! and there are all sorts of shelves and general storage in her room, including the clothes bar. Its all high up - the room is taller than it is wide or long - so Mo still has plenty of space. He also built a long, narrow "desk" for her in her room, which gives her more space for projects. And! he's starting to renovate our side-porch, which had sort of been turning into a junk room. Yikes.

All that and he cooks, too!

Oh, speaking of which, I've added a few new posts to the "Life of Rayan" blog - one about him cooking, hence the segue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog- and the rayan blog it has helped so much in unschooling my 14 yr old- thanks- I love the hair- I want something that color but want it without upkeep-

Gunta said...

Your hair looks happy! Funny, here in my part of Europe (Latvia and Finland) the colour would be just normal :) I'm fascinated by cultural differences and thus keep spotting them everywhere

Schuyler said...

When I worked as a telemarketer, I must have been 19, I used to bring embroidery thread and would sit sewing little peace symbols or ankhs or whatever else I could do with my (self) limited design ability on my longjohns. I had the grooviest longjohns in Omaha.

Oh, that would make my bland jeans look so much nicer, maybe I'll see what I can scrounge up today.

Cool.